Noticing a girl's spine

Started by rennybumps, November 01, 2023, 01:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rennybumps

A story about my crush in high school kind of reminded me of a topic I've been thinking about.

I mentioned this in another thread but there was this girl who carried all her weight on her lower body, to the point where other guys made comments about her ass being big and she had thick legs, but her upper body was thinner than anyone could guess. And more than anything, her spine is so defined that there's no padding at all on those spaces between the bumps.

Every summer, she would wear things that bared her upper back only, which was a little bit muscular but depending on her position, you could see a bit of her shoulder blades. Her middle and lower back, which she kept covered most of the time, was the thinnest you could imagine. All ribs and spine. There were times I even questioned how it was just nothing but bone there.

To make things even better, she always sat with a deep slouch. Like this:

(That's not her but that's very close to how she would look in class if you sat behind her)

Anyway, people did make comments every year that she looked like she lost too much weight when summer came around but it got me thinking how often I've seen people focus on other things when all I would notice is a girl's spine.

The one time anyone really specifically talked about her spine was this girl's own sister pointing it out to everyone. She was sitting slouched like she usually did, but it was a summer day and she wore a top that would roll up when she slouched, and her spine was just right there. Her sister started comparing her to horror movie creatures and stuff and even tried to get her to press her spine up against a board to see if it would leave an impression with the bumps. It was the weirdest instance of someone bringing that much attention to it and me just trying my hardest to hide my reaction.

Besides that, the closest anyone really addressed how her spine showed was when they would say it looked like she got too thin only when she wore stuff that showed it more, but that would usually come with comments about seeing her back ribs.

I know it comes with the territory because of how we are but this was a rare instance where it seemed like that much attention was on a girl's spine from other people.

Last month I met this really athletic girl whos spine stuck out the same way. She has the kind of athletic body where she looks very thin but surprisingly packs on a lot of lean muscle, but her spine is 100% bone too.

With all the comments about her, even things like comments from other guys on her ass when she bends over and all I see is how sharp her spine looks, I feel like it's so much more common for other people to just not notice.

But again, I guess it comes with the territory.

Anyway, anybody have similar stories about noticing a girl's spine, and either other people just not noticing or the rare times when a lot of attention was brought to it?

eqhighend

it happens all the time but it makes sense why...
my first girl found out really fast because it was always what i noticed no matter what she wore or did.
i never heard other people notice. she looked like a thin girl overall so people commented on that in all kinds of ways but no one would say anything specific about her spine except the time we came back from a long subway ride and she showed everyone how there were bruises on the tips of her spine from sitting against those hard seat backs and it made it even more obvious with dark circles accentuating each bone that day. lucky for me that just led to a spine massage that night but thats a different story...

bcklvr

It's just natural that we would notice a girl's spine first. There've been so many times I hear other people commenting on something (good or bad) about a girl and I look and all I see's the definition on the girl's spine.

peripero

I knew a girl with a spine that you would see when she was standing up. Every body noticed her spine and would talk about it.

Sometimes it's hard even for normal people not to notice.